Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Day in the Life of Taylor Madison Street: Now with 100% more references to The L Word!

My day has been oozing with references to The L Word today, and I’m not even the one who has been mentioning the show most of the time today. It seems like everywhere I go today, I keep coming across something that mentions The L Word in some way. I watched the first episode of Supernatural earlier today, which Sarah Shahi guest-starred in. After I watched the episode the first time, I watched the pilot again with the commentary on and the producers talked about how one of them was a big fan of The L Word and Sarah Shahi’s acting on the show. I absolutely love The L Word, but personally both Sarah Shahi and her character on the show, Carmen, have always been two of my least favorite things about the show.

I’ve also been thinking a lot about how excited I am to watch tonight’s episode of Empire, and Ilene Chaiken, who was one of the creators and the executive producer of The L Word, is now the executive producer/showrunner for Empire. I just read a few minutes ago on TVLine that Rose Rollins, who played Tasha on The L Word has just been cast in the pilot for a potential new show on ABC called The Catch created by Shonda Rhimes. 

To top that off, it was announced yesterday that they will be doing a re-release of the complete series DVD set of The L Word. Like I said, I absolutely love The L Word. I just think it’s really weird that I’ve come across so many references to the show in the past two days. Life can be so weird sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment